[Interest] QTemporaryFile::open(OpenMode flags) is protected, but not in documentation

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:39:50 CEST 2013

It's used exactly for that purpose -- storing large amounts of temporary
data which doesn't need super-low access times (so there's no need to waste
RAM). You can do whatever you like with that data, just don't close the
file. And, to be honest, I don't see any [good] reason to close a temporary
file (regardless of the implementation) if you're going to access it again,
particularly for the reason mentioned by Thiago -- closing a file means
losing any control over its contents, there are absolutely no guarantees
that the next time you open the "same" file (when actually that'll be a
file with the same path), you'll see the same data you wrote to it earlier.