[Interest] Semi-OT: Was Nokia net good or bad for Qt?

Bache-Wiig Jens Jens.Bache-Wiig at digia.com
Mon Sep 30 11:53:31 CEST 2013

On Sep 30, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Philipp Kursawe <phil.kursawe at gmail.com<mailto:phil.kursawe at gmail.com>> wrote:

Well, at least the QComboBox in QML is a big joke (on the desktop). It
usese a popup menu which is slow as hell and unscrollable with more
than 10 entries. QML has to go a loooong way until it works on the
Desktop

Note that the scroller bug and improved keyboard navigation has been addressed for 5.2.
See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31568

As for the popup being slow, we will be needing a bit more information than that to address it properly. Please file a proper bug report and provide detailed information about your platform and how to reproduce the issue. There are no noticeable performance issues on either one of my three desktops, but I suspect it might be window manager specific.

Regards,
Jens

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Thiago Macieira