[Interest] QImage, multithreaded app.

Christian Dähn daehn at asinteg.de
Mon Sep 30 14:25:00 CEST 2013

Hi,

as Thiago already stated there are no limitations using QImages inside
multithreaded apps.
Why do I know this? Because I'm developing and using an industrial image
processing framework
with massively multithreaded image processing based on QThread and QImage.

So I fear that you have some serious issues inside your thread handling - often
devs mix
up with the gui thread (main event loop) and wonder about the app getting an
unpredictable
behaviour when other QThreads interact with widgets (objects inside the GUI
thread).

Be very very careful with data handling between GUI and other threads!
And don't forget: Accessing GUI objects from outside threads can cause severe
errors.

ciao,
Chris