[Interest] QFileSystemWatcher

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Apr 1 11:54:00 CEST 2014

Hi Sarah,

> [...]
> My problem is that although I always see the the 2 qDebug statements when a
> new file appears the ui is not updated at the same time. Can anyone suggest
> why this might be the case and how I can get the ui to update in a timely
> manner Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Sarah

You don't tell much about which Qt version you're using, what your platform is ... Anyhow, what I'd double check is that the onNewMirfFile() slot is actually executed in the GUI thread. If that's the case, and a simple textEdit->append() doesn't trigger a UI update, something is pretty weird... Do you block the GUI thread by chance , somewhere else?

Regards

Kai