[Interest] QFileSystemWatcher

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Tue Apr 1 12:40:32 CEST 2014

Thanks for the info

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+graham.labdon=avalonsciences.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+graham.labdon=avalonsciences.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Koehne Kai
Sent: 01 April 2014 11:24
To: Koehne Kai; sarah jones; interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QFileSystemWatcher

(bringing this back to interest@ ...)

One theory: Your application gets so many QFileSystemWatcher events that the event loop saturates.

Robin Burchell blogged about QFileSystemWatcher changes in Qt 5, and mentions (one variant of) this problem as solved, but later on mentions on Windows it still uses threads:

http://blog.rburchell.com/2012/01/qfilesystemwatcher-internals-in-qt-5.html

Regards

Kai