[Interest] [Development] Qt5.2.1+eglfs / WebKit2 running on i.MX6q ?

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at pelagicore.com
Tue Apr 1 17:32:34 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, 01 April, 2014 15:48:01 Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 11:27:09AM +0200, Thomas Senyk wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 26 February, 2014 12:51:30 BERTIN, NICOLAS wrote:
> > > I'm trying to get WebKit2 running on a Linux/i.MX6Q board (sabresd). I
> > > succeeded in building Qt5.2.1+eglfs and the WebKit1 based examples are
> > > running well.
> > >
> > > Now, I'm trying to get WebKit2 running: the MiniBrowser example runs on
> > > the device, but only the navigation bar on top is functional, the
> > > webview
> > > area stays white and empty. The same issue occurs with the Flickrview
> > > example: only the thumbnails are shown...
> > >
> > > I'd like to know if some you are experiencing the same kind of issues
> > > and/or have managed to make WebKit2 working on the same kind of
> > > platform?
> > >
> > > Any advices to debug this problem are more than welcomed.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Looks like this issue is still present.
> > I can reproduce and on meta-fsl-arm mailing-list a couple of people can as
> > well.
> >
> > Has anyone investigated this so far?
> >

> > (added dev as this seems to be a general problem on imx6 with webkit2 and
> > Qt5.2.1)
>
> This is not imx6 specific. WebKit2 works with out of process rendering. I
> don't think there is any API eglfs could use to share the textures between
> the processes. Something like wayland is needed for that.

Actually your right. It has nothing to do with eglfs.

Isn't webkit2 sharing it's tiles with shm?
At least that's how it used to be :) .. because: it used to work with eglfs
and your absolutely right, there is no way to share textures with a egl/fb
setup.

The possible points of failure I see:
 - shm-setup
 - the filling (/rendering) of the shm
 - the take-out (/texture-upload) on gui side

> I've heard some rumors about wayland support for the binary vivante
> drivers, but I've not seen it anywhere.

I've checked that, same issue: webkit2-rendering is white for qt-wayland-
clients!