[Interest] QMessageBox default sizes

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:53:03 CEST 2014

Dear all,

How can I reproduce the aesthetics of a QMessageBox::warning and similar
static functions?

I am trying to make a platform-specific dialog box that handles
informativeText (yes, just that! at least for now).

However, I don't know how to retrieve the default sizes, and printing
them isn't really working:

     QMessageBox m(QMessageBox::Warning, "Error", "An error occurred.
Please make sure to tirelessly debug errors, and correct them before
it's too late.");
     qWarning("geometry %d %d max %d %d", m.geometry().width(),
m.geometry().height(), m.maximumWidth(), m.maximumHeight());

The output isn't what I expected:

     geometry 640 480 max 16777215 16777215

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks & Cheers!