[Interest] Qt 5.2.1 Mac keyboard shortcut problems

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:30:19 CEST 2014

Am 02.04.2014 um 21:12 schrieb Paul Miller <paul at fxtech.com>:

> On 4/2/2014 1:46 PM, maitai at virtual-winds.org wrote:
>>
>> If I remember well under mac/os you have to press the <fn> key (whatever
>> apple calls it) together with the hot-key to get it works under qt5.x
>
> So you're saying keyboard shortcuts in the menubar must start with the
> Cmd key?

So you're saying that you have keyboard shortcuts in the menubar which don't start with the Cmd (btw: != Fn = Function key)? ;)

I have never seen such a thing, on any platform (I /have/ seen applications such as Blender that use all sorts of weird shortcuts, depending on the "edit mode" etc. - I am just saying that I have never seen *menu* shortcuts consisting of a single letter, e.g. just S instead of CMD + S for save).

I don't have the answer, but I could imagine that this is a "Mac thing" not to allow this. Refer to the Apple Human Interface Design guidelines.

Cheers,
  Oliver

P.S. We are really talking about "shortcuts", not "_a_ccelerators", right?