[Interest] OS X Qt 5.2/5.3 keyboard modifier bug

Paul Miller stelefx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:20:32 CEST 2014

Here is another regression I found that is a show-stopper for us.

In a custom widget I have a keyPressEvent() and keyReleaseEvent()
handler to update a cursor when modifier keys are pressed (such as Cmd).
In Qt 5.x, pressing Cmd (or shift, or ctrl) causes no keyPressEvents
UNTIL the user clicks on the widget. Manually calling setFocus() on the
widget when the mouse enters it doesn't help either.

This all worked before 5.x.

I can't be the only one to find this can I?