[Interest] QFileInfoList inheritance producing warnings

Eric Clark eclark at ara.com
Fri Apr 4 21:30:15 CEST 2014

Hello All,

I am in the process of creating a class that I would like to inherit QFileInfoList. Everything seems to compile well without errors, but I am getting a lot of warnings. I am using Visual Studio 10, dynamically linked Qt 5.2 and am receiving the following warnings:

warning C4661: 'QList<T> QList<T>::fromSet(const QSet<T> &)' : no suitable definition provided for explicit template instantiation request C:\projects\Qt\5.2\5.2.0\msvc2010\include\QtCore\qlist.h 355 AraCore

and

warning C4661: 'QList<T> QList<T>::fromVector(const QVector<T> &)' : no suitable definition provided for explicit template instantiation request C:\projects\Qt\5.2\5.2.0\msvc2010\include\QtCore\qlist.h 355 AraCore

I get multiple instances of these warnings and some of them are coming from qlist.h and others from xutility. If anyone has seen these warnings before and could help me to get rid of them, I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks,
Eric