[Interest] QFileInfoList inheritance producing warnings

Eric Clark eclark at ara.com
Fri Apr 4 22:17:17 CEST 2014

From: interest-bounces+eclark=ara.com at qt-project.org [interest-bounces+eclark=ara.com at qt-project.org] on behalf of Guido Seifert [wargand at gmx.de]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 2:38 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] QFileInfoList inheritance producing warnings

>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am in the process of creating a class that I would like to inherit QFileInfoList.

> Four words: Do not do it. QList's destructor not virtual -> not meant for inheritance.

I am sorry, but are there any Qt developers (or anyone with a better answer or at least an explanation of why not to do it) out there that could answer this question for me? If it was not intended to be inherited, then please explain to me why Qt can do it without problems? As an example, QStringList does exactly this (it is a prefect example of a class that inherits QList<QString>).