[Interest] Json support for Qt5 QML - code review needed

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:30:35 CEST 2014

Good morning,

I'm looking for a code review for an open source project.

I've implemented Json support for use with Qt5 QML. It's in several parts.

   - A C++ version of JsonPath. If you've used XPath then this should be
   familiar. JsonPath is "XPath for JSON". QJsonPath allows selecting
   arbitrary subsets of a json object given a search string.
   - A QML item to translate a JSON string, apply JsonPath and provide a Qt
   QJsonDocument.
   - A QML item to take a QJsonDocument and provide a Qt list model that
   you can use with Qt's standard control "ListView".

Used together you can request data from an arbitrary web service (or file),
pull out a subset, and display it using the Qt controls.

The code works but I think someone with better knowledge of Qt's model/view
system could help make it better. Any takers?

Thanks

Jay

Psychiatrist to patient: "Don't worry. You're not deluded. You only think
you are."