[Interest] OS X 5.3 beta - QPrintDialog does not open

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Apr 5 16:56:47 CEST 2014

On 5 April 2014 16:47, Paul Miller <stelefx at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/5/2014 6:56 AM, John Layt wrote:
> > Are there any printers configured on your machine?  If there are no
> > printers installed then the dialog won't display, it's an issue we need
> > to fix, but that normally outputs a qWarning.  Otherwise the plugin not
> > being correctly installed would probably also cause this to happen.
> > I've not heard of any issues with just the dialog not opening in any
> > other circumstances.  Printing definitely works in Assistant here, but
> > that's using a -developer-build.  If you're sure you have things
> > correctly configured then please open a bug report and I'll have a look
> > at it.
>
> Aha - no printers configured! I guess I expected an error message or
> something. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
>
> So I configured an Airprint printer, and tried again, and now it's
> crashing down in the QPrinter constructor, down in QMacPrintEngine.
> Assistant does the same thing. This is with the 5.3 beta.

Thanks Paul.  We do have a qWarning message in the code to output in the
debug log, but I guess -release mode optimises that out.  I'll see if I can
get a proper message box to pop up instead for 5.3 beofre we fix it
properly (see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-36112).  The
crash we know about, see
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-38023, but just to confirm
are you using OSX 10.9 mavericks, or something earlier?

Thanks!

John.