[Interest] OS X Qt 5.2/5.3 keyboard modifier bug

Paul Miller stelefx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:16:25 CEST 2014

On 4/4/2014 10:01 PM, Tony Rietwyk wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> This sounds similar to a problem I have in 4.8.5 with OSX 10.9.   setFocus
> or activate on the window does not work.  You have to click on the window
> for it to activate correctly.  Same build works OK in 10.7.   Might be
> related to Qt bugs 35659 & 33479.

No, mine isn't quite the same as those, since I'm trying to trap the
key-press of the modifier key to change the cursor, and I'm never
getting the key press event unless I first click in the widget. They
sound similar because of focus issues though.

I'm going to try to see if installing an event handler higher up will
let me see the key events for modifier key press/release.