[Interest] aboutQt (Qt 4.8) dialog lacks vital information -> people relying on it violate license terms(?)

Jonas Thiem jonasthiem at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 6 05:14:41 CEST 2014

I just talked with Thiago Macieira on IRC, and we concluded that maybe
the about dialog is only meant for someone interested in paying credit
to Qt, and nothing more. (no legal complete write-up of all the
required copyright stuff and such)

In that case, let me suggest again that
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/licensing.html should have a single
text file version with all that info in one single, easy to embed text
file including all copyright & license info, including the full LGPL
and possibly GPL text, Apple contribution licenses and all that.

(or alternatively, a single simple HTML file with no CSS or other
dependencies)

The current website version with lots of sub pages and complex styling
is just not very suitable for embedding into an application.

Of course, something similar for Qt 5 would be neat too.

Regards,
Jonas Thiem