[Interest] aboutQt (Qt 4.8) dialog lacks vital information -> people relying on it violate license terms(?)

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Sun Apr 6 13:12:28 CEST 2014

Thiago Macieira schreef op 6-4-2014 4:00:
> What's more, there are a few requirements that cannot be met by a dialog. For
> example, everyone needs to distribute Qt themselves, on a server they own or
> are responsible for, not rely Qt Project or Digia to have the sources.
Nonsense. You don't need to have to run a server serving Qt. Where does
it say that in the license? You have to provide the sources on request,
and one way to fulfill that obligation is to run a server. Another is to
simply handle the request if and when they arrive, and supply the
sources on another medium.  We simply have the sources in store in case
anyone^H^H^H any customer asks for them. If they want to receive Qt from
us, we will comply. We never had that request though. They simply want
working software so far. Note that our software also isn't available for
sale online. It comes with the hardware devices they buy, though updates
are provided online.

André