[Interest] Speech recognition in Qt5

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 18:14:39 CEST 2014

This may be of interest
http://sdt.bz/content/article.aspx?ArticleID=69042&page=1

________________________________
From: Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladhorn at digia.com>
To: interest at qt-project.org
Cc: Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy <Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Interest] Speech recognition in Qt5

Mandag 7. april 2014 07.17.44 skrev Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy:
> Hi,
>
> Please let me know speech Recognition engine Simon from KDE
> http://simon.kde.org/ is Qt5 enabled as we plan to include voice interface
> in our Qt5 IVI application.
This is not the right place to ask about Simon, you can try the KDE forums or
mailing list.
As far as I know there is no Qt 5 version yet, of course it would be great if
you want to spend some time porting it :)

> Or does QtSpeech API would support both speech to text and text to speech in
> Qt 5.3?

QtSpeech is in a very early state and only contains a very basic text-to-
speech API as mentioned by Jan-Arve. While I think speech recognition is
really interesting I don't think anyone currently invests time into making it
easily possible cross-platform, except for Simon maybe as mentioned above.

Greetings,
Frederik

> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramakanth
>
> ________________________________
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
> is appreciated.

Disclaimer:  This message
> and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and
> subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at
> http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally
> http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within
> TechMahindra.

Best regards,