[Interest] Compile a console app for the Raspberry Pi

Petko Ditchev pditchev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:44:40 CEST 2014

  Hello everyone, I thinking now about how to approach the problem in
the title. I have a small console app (a filter for mic input) that uses
Qt libs, and I want to deploy it on the Pi. It uses some Qt5 features so
Qt4 from the repos isn't an option. I was thinking about building it
statically, but I'm not sure what the steps for that are (on ARM). So is
that the process :
1.Cross-compile Qt5 libs (with --static) to be compatible with the RPi CPU.
2.Build the app with that Qt lib.
3.Deploy to the Pi
4.Benefit

Or am I missing something?