[Interest] Unable to set a focus proxy

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Fri Apr 11 17:52:48 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I have a "scientific notation" floating point spinbox, which triggers a
QLineEdit when the user clicks the number. It gives the focus to the
QLineEdit using setFocus() when it is popped up. Everything works fine.

For using it in a QTableView with a delegate, the main editor widget should
not loose focus, otherwise the delegate filters the focus out event and
stops editing. So I would like the main editor widget to keep focus when
the QLineEdit pops up, so I tried setting the focus proxy to the QLineEdit,
instead of giving him focus. This does not work, I have to manually reclick
on the QLineEdit to start editing with the keyboard.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,

Etienne