[Interest] Build error trying to cross compile for embedded Linux

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Apr 19 05:30:27 CEST 2014

Em qui 17 abr 2014, às 13:27:38, Rogers Nate escreveu:
> That looks a little better and upon reviewing this I was noticed a few
> things:
> 1) Do I have to cross compile glib too?  I don't directly use it
> that I am aware of (unless dbus uses it, I don't know)

Glib is not a required dependency in Qt, so no, you don't need to compile it.

> 2) QT_CPU_FEATURES.arm is blank

Right. But it's there in the command-line:

> arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -O3 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8
> -mfpu=neon -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -std=c++0x
[...]

> It does look like -mfpu=neon is in my make output, but I am not 100% sure
> where it is coming from.  I am guessing from my qmake.conf as you
> suggested.  Here are the contents of my mkspec's qmake.conf:
[...]
> QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE    = -O3 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon
> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE    = -O3 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon

Right, it's showing up here.

It looks like there's a bug in the platform feature detection code. It should
have tried to compile code using the above flags and added "neon" to
QT_CPU_FEATURES.arm, but that failed.