[Interest] Can a view somehow notify a model of which rows it is going to show on screen?

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 04:04:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

the title says it all...

I can't find any signals that expose this information in the model.
I would like to know this from the QML ListView component. What i can
do is tell the model where the current y position is in the models
content and the height of each row. That gives me enough information
to calculate which rows are visible, but i'm hoping there is "some"
way out there that i just haven't discovered yet.

I'm asking because i have a big dataset and only want to sort the data
that is visible for the user (partial_sort along with nth_element will
do that).

Regards,
Mak