[Interest] Benchmarking machine cpu power

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Sun Apr 27 12:51:50 CEST 2014

Thanks for your reply,

That was my intend to write such a small routine that will sample the
CPU and automatically tune the various options in order to achieve
something reasonable for the user and machine.

May be a bit off topic, but what do you mean exactly by "minimising
cache misses"? There is no disk access during calculation phase (which
is multithreaded).

Thanks
Philippe LELONG