[Interest] Embedding QWindow

rap rap at dlc.fi
Tue Aug 5 12:09:33 CEST 2014

That don't seem to be the case, QMainWindow inherits from QWidget, which probably is the reason for the need of
QWidget::createWindowContainer() when using QWindow based classes in QWidget based contexts.

> Off course the upcoming "QOpenGLWidget" (which replaces QGLWidget) would make that
> "boilerplate code" unnecessary again.
> So for /existing/ code you can still use your QGLWidget, but progressively replace all other
> "QGL" classes with their "QOpenGL" counterparts. For new code start using QOpenGL
> classes right away (including the new QWindow based OpenGL rendering).
> Cheers,
>  Oliver

Right, this is exactly the reason for my initial question after studying some QtGuiApplication /QWindow based samples by KDAB, also
the Qt examples in the gui subfolder. For now, if QWindow works for MDI child wnds without any user controls that would be
sufficient for me at this point, actually even better. Working in that direction now.

Thanks
-Risto