[Interest] Generating .avi or .mpg from Qt? (from sequence of QImages or QPixmaps)

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Tue Aug 5 23:22:25 CEST 2014

We are generating on-screen animations in Qt 4.8.6 widgets on Windows
(just redrawing, based on a repeating QTimer).  Does Qt4 or Qt5 proper
support (or will Qt5 soon support) generation of .mpg / .mpeg (MPEG) or
.avi files for generated animations?  I'm imagining that this would be
done by providing a sequence of QImages or QPixmaps having consistent
dimensions, perhaps with a specified frame rate.  Short of that, are
there any well supported third-party Qt packages for doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Phil Weinstein
CADSWES, University of Colorado