[Interest] question about relocating Qt library installation

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:20:13 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Monday 04 August 2014 09:47:55 Darren Dale wrote:
> > I spent a good part of the weekend looking for information on the web.
> I'm
> > not certain I understand the problem, but am certain there must be a
> > solution, since the Qt installer for windows can install to an arbitrary
> > location.
>
> It does that by binary-patching QtCore and qmake.
>
> Does your installation do that?
>
> > I found a short discussion at http://stackoverflow.com/a/17640221
> > , talking about how qmake, Qt5Core, and a few other files need to be
> > patched, but did not understand exactly what needs to be patched, and
> how.
> > (Please excuse me for not understanding the c++ code that was posted.) Is
> > there any documentation on how to do this?
>
> Looks like you didn't.
>
> Run strings on those files and you'll see the build paths. You need to
> replace
> those paths in the binaries and remove the qt.conf file.

Thank you very much for your help. conda does have some support for
specifying binary files that need patching like this, but I had not tried
patching files *and* removing qt.conf. This worked, thank you!

Is there anything special about building a -no-framework qt5 on OS X
(10.9)? Using the same recipe as I did for linux, but with -no-framework, I
can build (though not in parallel), and qmake -query looks right. But I get
a segfault if I try to run designer.