[Interest] How long is QMatrix obsolete?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 09:11:24 CEST 2014

Hi,
just out of curiosity. I updated some of my old code and noticed that QMatrix is marked obsolete.
Now, this usually is nothing to write about here. However, I wonder how it is possible to 'obsolete'
a class, on which other non obsolete Qt classes depend?

For instance QImage in:

QImage	transformed(const QMatrix & matrix, Qt::TransformationMode mode = Qt::FastTransformation) const

Or QBrush:

void setMatrix(const QMatrix & matrix)

I know, this does not mean that much... obsolete does not mean that the class will be removed. And it is
a perfect example for:

" It is provided to keep old source code working. We strongly advise against using it in new code."

On the other hand...and strongly IMHO... Qt code should lead by example and not itself depend on obsolete code.

Guido