[Interest] Source build on windows

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:56:28 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Sze Howe Koh <szehowe.koh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I haven't built Qt WebKit myself, but I've built the rest of Qt
> successfully using instructions from
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git. It contains
> detailed instructions for setting up and building Qt WebKit -- have a
> look and see if you can find anything new. Just ignore the parts
> related to git.

I had actually read that page and made sure to follow the suggestions. This
part stands out now:

"Consider skipping qtwebkit by passing this option. This module is quite
big, takes a long time to compile and is often a source of compile errors,
so it is recommend to only download it if you intend to use it."

I ended up installing openssl, setting the SQLITE3SRCDIR environment
variable, and installing grep. The page claims grep is a build requirement,
but grep is not included in qt5's gnuwin32/bin.

I'm now able to complete the build. Thank you!

Darren