[Interest] QML Image Resources and QtDesigner

William Hallatt goblincoding at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:06:25 CEST 2014

Good day everyone,

I am attempting to set up a QML/QtQuick test app and have run into some
issues when using resources for images.

If I add my .png's to a resource file and reference them from within QML
using the "qrc:/images/background.png" route, then I can run the app no
problem BUT I cannot see the image when viewing the QML file in Designer.

If I use Designer to browse to the png, then I can see the image in
Designer, but trying to run the app results in the following error:
"qrc:/main.qml:14:9:
QML Image: Cannot open: qrc:/images/background.png"

(I am assuming it is due to Designer changing the source reference to
"../images/background.png")

What I would like to know is how I can reference "resourced" images from
within Designer so that I may have both?  I have tried Googling, but have
had no luck to date.

Attached is a zip archive of my test app.

Kind regards,
William Hallatt