[Interest] Is there a way to disable Qt's use of Wintab once Qt is installed

Robert Cohn robert.cohn at wacom.com
Wed Aug 20 21:26:28 CEST 2014

Hi -

I am looking for a way to force Qt to not use Wintab, because such use interfers with the use of IInkCollector::IsPacketPropertySupported(STR_GUID_NORMALPRESSURE, ...).

When the IInkCollector API is used in a Qt app, this query will always return false for a Wacom tablet that does support pressure.  If I can "tell" Qt to not use Wintab, I believe Qt reverts to using system Ink collection, and the query returns true.

I know that Qt can be configured and built with a '-no-wintab' option, but is there a way to disable Wintab use after Qt has been installed?

I am currently using Qt 4.8.6.

Thanks very much.
Bob

PS - my apologies if this should have been sent to another group.  If so, please let me know.  Thanks.

Robert Cohn
Software Developer
Wacom Technology Corp.
360-896-9833 x172