[Interest] Question about using QtDBus

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Aug 28 22:38:22 CEST 2014

On Thursday 28 August 2014 20:16:56 Rogers Nate wrote:
> <!DOCTYPE node PUBLIC "-//freedesktop//DTD D-BUS Object Introspection
> 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd"<http://www.f
> reedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd>> <node>
>   <interface name="com.GDM.ServiceData">
>     <method name="serviceErrorLog">
>         <arg name="serviceErrorLogData" type="a(ss)" direction="out"/>
>         <annotation name="org.qtproject.QtDBus.QtTypeName.Out0"
> value="ServiceErrorLogData"/> </method>
>   </interface>
> </node>
>
> and I got this warning...
>

> servicedata_adaptor.cpp:36:1: error: 'ServiceErrorLogData' does not name a
> type

That should be QList<ServiceErrorLogData>.

If you're using code generation with gdbusxml2cpp, you'll need to pass the -i
ServiceData.h option to the generator so it will add the #include.

Are you using code generation with qmake? Or is it some other tool? Your use
of "qt5/" in your includes leads me to think that you're not using qmake.