[Interest] 3D Navigation QtLocation Module

Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at TechMahindra.com
Tue Dec 2 12:36:59 CET 2014

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inputs.  With OSM as map quest tile provider, it would suit our requirements.
I think Qt Location module is supported on Windows 8/Windows 7 based PC.

Please let me know if  it possible to encode the map view data seen in viewport into a Jpeg or we need to use our own Jpeg encoder to convert the map data into a Jpeg?

Best Regards,
Ramakanth

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy_kesireddy=mahindrasatyam.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+ramakanthreddy_kesireddy=mahindrasatyam.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Blasche Alexander
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 1:43 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] 3D Navigation QtLocation Module

Hi,

>> Geofencing are supported in both Android and IOS?

>This feature is provided by the Qt Positioning module. That is platform
>specific, I do not know the state of this on Android and iOS.

It is not natively supported on those platforms. Open tasks:

Android: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-36096
iOS: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-42370

None-native monitoring is supported via an active polling of position data. The related feature is provided by the "positionpoll" plugin.

--
Alex

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.