[Interest] QSettings mystery

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:47:11 CET 2014

> Am 03.12.2014 um 21:39 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com>:
>
>> Am 03.12.2014 um 17:15 schrieb Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt>:
>>
>> Hum… interesting. I will try it.
>>
>> One more question. While i’m targeting this app to iOS and Android, the main development is made on the computer to accelerate development.
>>
>> One curious fact is that the file is pointing to the bundle identifier com.imaginando.lk.LK.plist but I don’t have that defined anywhere for the computer version. At least I would have something similar to the iOS version. How can Qt be assuming this?
>
> http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20121101064200135

Uh... and off course the Qt docs!

  https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qsettings.html

You want to read the chapter about "Platform-Specific Notes", especially the first sub-chapter therein which is called...
Locations Where Application Settings Are Stored

Ba-da-tschhhhh! "Thank you, thank you, you are wonderful, folks! I'll be here all night..."

;)

Cheers,
  Oliver