[Interest] [qt-iOS] API for Apps to Forbid Custom Keyboards

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:30:02 CET 2014

> Am 04.12.2014 um 07:40 schrieb Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti at gmail.com>:
>
> To disable custom keyboard in your app completely override the
> application:shouldAllowExtensionPointIdentifier:
>
> (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application
> shouldAllowExtensionPointIdentifier:(NSString
> *)extensionPointIdentifier {
> // Disallow custom keyboards return ![extensionPointIdentifier
> isEqualToString:UIApplicationKeyboardExtensionPointIdentifier];
> }

This is a platform-specific functionality and as such not a candidate for being supported by a cross-platform API.

Maybe it will make it into an "OS specific module" of Qt?

(Such platform-specific modules do exist, e.g. for Windows, X11 and OS X - maybe iOS/Android, too?)

The good news is that for the time being you can call this platform-specific API yourself! It is very easy to combine Obj-C++ with C++ -> Google is your friend ;)

> The question is how/where it could be done
> in a Qt application.

Just after you have created the Q(Gui)ApplicationObject in main() I guess (or whatever suitable "init" place exist for QtQuick-based applications).

Cheers,
  Oliver