[Interest] QML Image asyncronous property

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Dec 5 12:02:08 CET 2014

On 05/12/2014 10:58, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:
>> I'm playing with a GridView where the delegate contains an Image element
>> with asyncronous: true property.
>>

>> As a result, when my QML file loads, I see a bunch of messages like:
>>

>> QObject::startTimer: Timers cannot be started from another thread
>>

>> going by in Application Output pane.
>>

>> This is with Qt 5.4.0 RC.
>>

>> Seems like there some race condition or missing locking going on.
>>
>> Now the messages themselves I don't mind, but at the same time
>> I'm seeing strange behavior from StackView. I'm not sure at this point
>> if the problems are related.
>>

>> Does this ring a bell for anyone?
>>

>> Harri
> Could you file a bug report for that?
> It sounds like a bug to me.

The  message
QObject::startTimer: Timers cannot be started from another thread
seems to be a valid issue, and easy to reproduce.
I'll submit a bug report.

StackView issue I mentioned was unrelated, my own bug.   I was
accidentally replacing a stack item while a pop transition was
running.   That caused some obscure error messages from inside the
StackView.

Harri