[Interest] A better Image.PreserveAspectFit?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Dec 9 21:11:46 CET 2014

I'm trying to use this flag, and the unused space is problematic. If I set anchors.fill:parent, I get white borders (letterboxing) and (1,1) of the image does not correspond to pixel (1,1) of the area. Instead it is (1,1) of the allocted space.

Is there a mapping function or some trick where I can still essentially fill the parent with the image but not have to account for paintedWidth/height differences (letterboxing) myself? I am mapping mouse clicks. I could just set the MouseArea to painted dimensions, but that doesn't fix the letterboxing. I'd like the background to show through.

Thanks.