[Interest] Multiplatform solution for systray

Daniel França daniel.franca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 09:42:49 CET 2014

Hi guys,
I'm doing a QML/C++ application that I want to be able to run on
Linux/Mac/Windows/Android/IOS.

I'm doing the development on a Ubuntu 14.10 and I wanted to show a timer
for the desktop versions on system tray, that means a system tray icon that
changes dynamically.

The first problem I got is: Ubuntu seems to have banned applications to
show on system tray, only a white list of apps are allowed, they want you
to use the lib notify, but it doesn't seems to work for what I intend to do.

So I was trying to figure out a good way to have some similar results with
a different approach and as more multi-platform as possible.

Any ideas or suggestions about it?

Best,
Daniel