[Interest] how to debug a Qt Designer plugin

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Thu Dec 11 00:49:09 CET 2014

Hi Graham,

It could be several things:

- the plugin has been compiled with debug - it must be release build.

- supporting DLLs are not available in your path.

- the code in the plugin is relying on initialisation that only occurs in
your main exe.

Because of the first point, you can't run Designer and debug the plugin.

Also note that a single plugin can contain all of your widgets, you don't
need a separate plugin for each.  See
QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface.

Hope that helps,

Tony