[Interest] to -fno-exceptions or not ...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 21:33:35 CET 2014

On Thursday December 11 2014 10:52:00 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Edit configure so it won't disable qtxmlpatterns. Then edit
> src/xmlpatterns/xmlpatterns.pro to turn exceptions back on.

The configure edit seems easy enough: just change the block

if [ "$CFG_XMLPATTERNS" = "yes" -a "$CFG_EXCEPTIONS" = "no" ]; then
    echo "QtXmlPatterns was requested, but it can't be built due to exceptions being disabled."
    exit 1
fi
if [ "$CFG_XMLPATTERNS" = "auto" -a "$CFG_EXCEPTIONS" != "no" ]; then
    CFG_XMLPATTERNS="$canBuildQtXmlPatterns"
elif [ "$CFG_EXCEPTIONS" = "no" ]; then
    CFG_XMLPATTERNS="no"
fi

But how do I turn exceptions back on in xmlpatterns.pro? Do I add -UQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS to the compiler flags (and cross thumbs), or is there a better way?

R.