[Interest] New connection syntax

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 09:33:51 CET 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 10:55:03 +0300, Dmitry Volosnykh
<dmitry.volosnykh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Igor, have you read "New Signal Slot Syntax in Qt 5" article
> (http://qt-project.org/wiki/New_Signal_Slot_Syntax)? It might shed light
> on some of your >questions.

Thanks for your reply. But this article didn't answer on my questions.

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Igor Mironchik
> <igor.mironchik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Qt has cool new syntax now. But some things doesn't support it yet.
>>
>> For example look at QMenu::addAction. There is now overload with
>> PointerToMemberFunction.
>>
>> And I have two questions:
>>
>> Is it planned to add this support,
>>
>> and how can I use PointerToMemberFunction in my own widgets?
>>
>> I.e. I want to have, for example, next method in my widget:
>>
>> Something * addSomething( QObject * receiver, PointerToMemberFunction
>> method );
>>
>> Where is PointerToMemberFunction declared, what should I include?

I read sources a little and found that PointerToMembeerFunction is just
for documentation, and real work is done with QtPrivate::FunctionPointer.

As is clear from name of namespace QtPrivate, this is not good idea to use
it in my code. And better to not provide such functionality. Am I right?

--
Best Regards,
Igor Mironchik.