[Interest] to -fno-exceptions or not ...

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:37:02 CET 2014

Out of curiosity, what does building with -fexceptions (= without -fno-exceptions) do to simple calls like QString() or QIcon()? Does it introduce overhead there?

For anyone interested, I've attached a patchfile that seems to work for me to get an ABI-compatible Qt4 build with almost as little components built with -fno-exceptions as possible (meaning QtCore could potentially be built largely with that option too, leaving exceptions only for QtConcurrent).

Cheers,
René