[Interest] StackView issue

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 21:27:29 CET 2014

I am wondering if anyone the list has a good understanding of QML StackView and could offer me some guidance on a problem.

A colleague recently changed my app's page load paradigm from using a QML Loader with asynchronous property set to true to using a QML StackView and its replace() method.  The new approach allows for different types of animated page transitions which are powerful and which can't be done with one Loader. That said, I'm noticing a problem:

When the StackView loads a test page that contains a lot of QML, it blocks an important "spinner" progress wheel animation which is meant to run from the time the user selects a new page until just before the StackView's transition animation occurs.  (This progress wheel is important; it provides important user feedback while de-init code runs in the page being unloaded, and while some init code runs in the newly-loaded page.  This code includes network communications, so the time can vary.)

>From what I understand, the spinner animation should never get blocked: I created it directly on the scenegraph using a combination of ParallelAnimation, SequentialAnimation(s), PauseAnimation, ScriptAction, and RotationAnimator.  This is a technique I learned from Gunnar Sletta here on the list.  I can provide some code if someone wants to verify that the animation was successfully created directly on the scenegraph.)

Is there anything I can do to make the StackView work better with my progress wheel animation, rather than block it when a page contains a lot of QML?

Steve Pavao
Korg R&D