[Interest] Strange QWebSocket/QTcpServer interaction... Bug in Firefox?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sun Dec 21 22:57:06 CET 2014

> > If you're implementing an HTTP server, close TCP connections that didn't send
> > any requests within a reasonable amount of time.
>
> Sure, that's what I do now.

And this is what I just stopped doing. Stupid me... always trying the hard way first,
instead of the correct way... When I get a new socket, the old one is close and I get a
disconnected signal. So no need to handle with 'reasonable amounts of time'. :-/

Thiago, do you know by any chance how costly it is to open and close a socket? When this
always happens when data is sent over my QWebSocket and I have several clients... this
cost might add up.

Guido