[Interest] QtQuick 2 performance issue

Dmitry Volosnykh dmitry.volosnykh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 12:19:23 CET 2014

Hi,

I've composed a simple example with a set of squares constantly looping
from left to right. Unfortunately, the do not run smoothly. Jiggling at
start might seem reasonable due to QML engine performing some kind of
initialization (do not know its internals). However, after a while when
initialization seems to be done, motion still gets freezed from time to
time. As a first guess, I could think that it is the garbage collector
affecting performance, but since UI structure does not change such
suggestion might be irrelevant.

I see similar behavior when using qmlscene for Qt versions 5.1.1 and 5.3.2
(Ubuntu 14.04), and 5.2.1 (embedded Linux).

Can this be related to "QML instantiation performance" discussion happened
in the beginning of December? Maybe this is related to QTBUG-43096. But in
this case it should not be reproducible on version 5.1.1.

Regards,
Dmitry.