[Interest] New window in Qt makes the application activate

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Mon Feb 3 18:05:46 CET 2014

Well, this is embarrassing...

It looks like some code I wrote early on in the whole process of learning about Qt is responsible for the objectionable behavior. I've rooted out most of the behavior...

I was somewhat mislead by the fact that I see similar behavior in Qt Creator, so I thought it was something that Qt is doing.

Thanks to all of you offered your wisdom, including trying to reproduce the problem. That last bit is very helpful, of course, since seeking something that you know can be done is much easier than seeking something where you think it might be impossible.

On 30-Jan-2014, at 4:54 PM, John Weeks wrote:

> If you have some iterative process going in your Qt application, the application is not the active application, and that iterative process involves making windows, every time a new window appears, the application is yanked to the front and made active.
>
> I find that very annoying, and so do our customers.
>
> Is there a window flag or widget attribute or something that I can set to tell Qt not to do that?
>
> -John Weeks

-John Weeks