[Interest] Context menu and touch

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 15:49:37 CET 2014

Hi,

We've recently updated an application from MSVC Qt4.5.4 to MinGW Qt
5.2.0 and a tester noticed that they could no longer activate the
context menu of when using the Windows long hold feature. In our
testing we also found the same thing and that double click doesn't
work.

According to the documentation if we do not handle touch events they
get converted into mouse events by default using the attribute
Qt::AA_SynthesizeMouseForUnhandledTouchEvents.

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/qt.html#ApplicationAttribute-enum

I've created a little test application which works perfectly with the
mouse but with a touch screen (using Window 7) the context menu fails
to trigger and the same with the double click:

https://bitbucket.org/phannent/qt5_test_contextmenu_touch/src

1, Has anybody experienced this?
2, Can anybody test this with their own kit?
3, Was there any expected change in terms of touch with Qt5?

Regards
Phil Hannent