[Interest] GCompris goes the Qt Quick route

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Feb 9 18:03:32 CET 2014

Hi,

I am sorry, I posted this information on the Qt devel list and I have been reported that the interest list was more appropriate.

For those who don't know me, I am the author of the educational software
GCompris (http://gcompris.net). The project started in 2000 and is based
on Gtk+.

As you imagine, many users are requesting us a tablet version of
GCompris and I tried to evaluate the different technical possibilities
to bring GCompris to this world.

After some research, I found that the Qt Quick technology was an
excellent choice for the future of GCompris. Sadly there is no easy
migration path and this implies a full rewrite. It is true that the
migration will take time, probably several years but this is something
we have to do if we want to stay relevant in the coming years.

Expect our little community to be around to gather help on Qt Quick.

Bruno.