[Interest] QVideoProbe Woes

Lopes Yoann Yoann.Lopes at digia.com
Mon Feb 10 16:39:16 CET 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 3:54 PM, Jason H wrote:

> No, that was not in the doc. http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qvideoprobe.html

I meant it should be added to the doc.

> This is some seriously distressing news. Basically, I what you are telling me is can't build my app in Qt.

There is another solution that will work everywhere but requires some extra work. You can create a custom QAbstractVideoSurface and you'll get the frames in the present(QVideoFrame) function. From there you can do what you need to do with them, but you will also have to show them on screen yourself.
Bear in mind that the received QVideoFrames don't always contain actual image data (bits() function) but can instead contain an OpenGL texture ID (handle() function).

--
Yoann Lopes
Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt