[Interest] QVideoProbe Woes

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 10 18:51:22 CET 2014

Em seg 10 fev 2014, às 09:09:15, Jason H escreveu:
> Ok thanks. I can work with that.
>
> But, I know very little of GL. How would I convert from GL texture ID to
> say, a QImage or QVideoFrame? I would suspect that the reason that
> QVideoProbe is so not cross platform is this very reason, would that be
> true?

You wouldn't. Keep it in GL.

For anything related to video, assume that you will never get access to the
actual pixels, either because of DRM or because it would just be too slow for
the CPU. Any and every transformation that you need to do with the video must
be done with OpenGL, directly on the GPU.