[Interest] Qt Maintenance Tool vs Online Installer

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Feb 18 08:46:45 CET 2014

Ah, of course :) We're handling Qt patch releases right now as separate packages from the installer perspective, not updates. That allows you to e.g. install Qt 5.2.0, Qt 5.2.1 side by side.

> I think newer versions of Qt should show up when you check for updates
> too, but at least I can get things to work now.

Actually one of the plans for 5.3 is to change this behavior, and ship patch level releases as updates.

Regards

Kai