[Interest] Compile Speed Question regarding MOC

Gisle Vanem gvanem at yahoo.no
Wed Feb 19 09:51:45 CET 2014

"Till Oliver Knoll" <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> With regards to 1): A ful rebuild takes the time it takes, no matter what.
> You can speed that up things as others have suggested (#include the mocced files,
> AUTOMOC), but that's that.

What about using pre-compiled headers (pch) with MSVC? I imagine the
total time for a full rebuild with MSVC (using PCH and multiple .cc-files in
one go) is much less than a partial build using e.g. gcc/MingW. I'm not sure
how good PCH in gcc has become.

I ask since I've not tried it. I'm not sure it's possible to use MSVC's PCH with Qt.

--gv